View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 08:15 PM

CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough

CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough
I got Michelin LTX M/S2 several years ago. About 20-30K miles later, the tread was still fine on them, but they were dry-rotting. I had them prorated at a Toyota dealer (Michelin dealer) and, of course, were given new ones. Anyway, a few years later, they are dry rotting yet again. I have a low tolerance "crap" and went with Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas H/L plus. Can't comment except that they have only have about 200 miles on them so far.

I've been warned by my friends about Michelins and the dry rotting problem they have. Now that I've gone through this first hand, I'll more than likely NOT get that brand again. Having that said, these same folks tell me that the tread lasts a good long time. I've had Primacy's on my DD (Civic) and loved them. I got about 70K miles off them, yet I only had them for about 2-3 years. No dry rot to report on them.

If you guys plan on having them for a long time (more than 3-4 years), be aware of this. If not, then I guess it's a moot point. I have to doubt these Defenders are great tires, but don't count on them not deteriorating before their time.

My 2 cents.

CookieRoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote