Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 02:17 PM

pinemind will become famous soon enough

pinemind will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatybandit View Post
whoa - awesome job so far. Would love it if you could post links or part #s for the interior bits. I just picked up an '85 as well, and the interior is pretty much completely roached.
Thanks man. Just going to be completely honest, I stopped trying to find interior parts new after going only 3 or 4 deep, because they are all long-since discontinued. If you look on ebay for new OEM interior parts, there's really only two left with multiple listings: Dome Light Lens Cover and HVAC Plastic Decal Cover 86+ only with the updated graphics. This sucks for us '85 guys that have the old school HVAC decal that has the Heat with the wavy lines graphic, mine is all marked up and I've already ordered 2 from ebay that were misrepresented on condition. Funny, whenever I look at the '85 HVAC icons, I think of the opening scene of Ghostbusters with Bill Murray and Rick Moranis. "A couple of wavy lines ... I'm sorry, this just isn't your day (shock)." That's how I feel when trying to source interior parts from anywhere, especially in brown .

I actually plan on starting a thread to go over my method for finding OEM parts and what my process is, experience with different vendors. I've got it down to a repeatable method, and I think it would help people looking for those hard to find random bolts and such. I'll also be cleaning up and sharing my Google Sheet that shows all the parts I've ordered with details like: from which vendor, if they are OEM or not, laymen's term description of what they are (not the cryptic Toyota part names), categories and sub categories to where that part was located, or what system of the truck it was in. Expect that in the coming weeks as I still have to comb through orders from Amazon, ebay, 22reperformance, yota1, etc. I've got my toyotapartsdeal.com ordered parts all compiled as they are the best source for getting OEM parts as they get them from dealers everywhere and I leaned on them heavily for all the rusted bolts and washers.
pinemind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote