View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 03:13 PM

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVXCanuck View Post
I'm having the same issue with my 2006. You can hear the lock close around the striker when you close the door, but it seems to immediately open again and the door isn't latched. You can lift it with a finger, like others have mentioned. Door ajar light on dash comes on as well.
With the rear hatch open I can push on the latch with a screwdriver and the motor engages to close the latch. It stays in that position, but it's not locked in that position and I can easily pull it open again with a screwdriver. I've sprayed the crap out of it with lube and cleaned it up with a wire brush. I also tried the fix of closing the door and hitting the lock button the key fob immediately, but still nothing.
So it looks to me like the latch is closing fine, but it's getting a faulty signal to open again or not to latch. The push button on the rear hatch to open the door doesn't activate the latch mechanism at all, which leads me to believe it's actually the switch assembly that's stuck in the "open" position, which is a $40 part vs the lock mechanism which is more like $300. Is that possible?

Anyone have any experience with just replacing the switch assembly vs the entire lock actuator?
Thanks!!
While your issue could be the switch, I don't think so from what you say, when opening the hatch when everything is working correctly the switch activates the motor to open the hatch, i.e. you heard the motor running as the hatch opens/disengages, the fact that your latch is not staying locked tells me there's something wrong/broken within the latch assembly that keeps it latched, if the switch was stuck you should hear the motor run as the motor unlatches again after closing the hatch, unless you're saying that the motor does run again after it runs to latch the hatch, if this is the case then I would say replace the switch and hopefully it solves your issue.

Also check to be sure there not something keeping the hatch from fully closing which could cause it to unlatch, I would think it most likely has a safety function like all windows that would keep it from latching completely if it thinks someone has a finger/hand or other body part in the way of the hatch being able to safely close without harming a person.