Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 04:36 AM

toyorgy is on a distinguished road

toyorgy is on a distinguished road
20 mph totaled! not my fault

I was beginning to travel west from my house, which is four doors east of the intersection where the accident occurred. I saw a van waiting at the stop sign (no stop sign for me) as I entered the intersection when suddenly the van accelerated and struck my car pushing it into the other lane then stopping with my car's rear wheel up on the sidewalk.

No one was injured but a couple of days later I started to feel sore and still do. I wasn't sure initially what I felt as after the accident I got sick with pneumonia and my whole body ached and i'm still trying to get well. I haven't been sick in over 20 years.

Their insurance company accepts full liability.

The streetlight pole you see in the first picture grabbed my trailer hitch mounted bicycle rack and pulled it outward bending the bike's frame and wheel and destroying the bike rack and bike.

They want to total my 4runner. Repair estimate is around $15,800. They are offering $19,800 payout. I have only 109,000 miles on the odometer. I can't find any low mileage 4runners at that price for a 2010 in this area.

I need to pull my sound system if I give up my car as there is a lot there.

Looking at the pictures it does not look like it's totaled but I guess it is. I had to change the tire because it went flat from the impact. I think the wheel is cracked. The spare tire rubs the upper control arm so the suspension is badly damaged. Toyota dealer said over $5000 in suspension damage.

What do you guys think? Oh, and they seem to be low-balling me on the bike.
Attached Images
20 mph totaled!  not my fault-img_20190424_132s-jpg  20 mph totaled!  not my fault-img_20190424_132741-1-jpg  20 mph totaled!  not my fault-img_20190424_132752-1-jpg  20 mph totaled!  not my fault-img_20190424_132814-1-jpg  20 mph totaled!  not my fault-img_20190424_132820-1-jpg 

Last edited by toyorgy; 05-20-2019 at 04:49 AM.
toyorgy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote