Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 09:19 PM

DaMonkey will become famous soon enough DaMonkey will become famous soon enough

DaMonkey will become famous soon enough DaMonkey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by APhelps View Post
I disagree, there's a level of fit and finish one should desire.
Well I agree with you there. I desired mine, you desired yours, they desired theirs. On some things I desire to not desire lol. Or even a desire to pull the cover off and be on their way like OP has decided. But no, a Camry wheel from junkyard is not best way for everyone because it worked for you. Disagree here, and that is okay. I’m not here to change your mind, but just as a reminder to those that contributed their ideas, it’s all valuable information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhelps View Post
It is also significantly more work to sew the needle through those things rather than swap the steering wheel.

If you want to throw a wheel cover on you're just better off going the cheap and easy route.

I had one of those wheelskins cover like you have and mine fell apart after about a 1 1/2 years and was significantly more expensive than the ebay one.

End up with Toyota quality and proper fit and finish for marginally more money.
I like mine, and if I get to sew another one on in 1.5 years, maybe I’ll try a new color. Or leave it. Maybe I’ll try better quality. Or throw down for full restoration in the spirit of fit n finish. Who knows maybe head for the junkyard and pull a used Camry wheel, but I doubt it. And no judgement to you for your choices. Nice to see you shared that option. My point for those that seek information, is that may not be best for everyone. Or maybe it is - that’s why I did not share my disagreement as a matter of fact.

Where’s meh beer? Now that’s valuable information right about now.
DaMonkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote