Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 04:09 PM

BostonJon will become famous soon enough

BostonJon will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreakgc View Post
It's almost certainly the intake manifold gaskets (some part diagrams might call it the lower intake manifold gasket). There's coolant passageways that go from the block through the intake manifold into the cylinder heads. These gaskets corrode and fail over time, it's very common. What's not common is the amount of coolant you are seeing.
Thanks for that info. The truck has 400k miles and I don’t see any evidence that anyone has gone deep enough into the intake to replace the (lower) intake manifold gaskets. I don’t have any white exhaust so I don’t think it’s a head gasket. The bypass pipe and lower gaskets are a pain to get to but it’s not a complicated project and the parts are cheap (even OEM) so I’ll get those swapped out and report back.
BostonJon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote