Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 12:12 AM

2112 R will become famous soon enough 2112 R will become famous soon enough

2112 R will become famous soon enough 2112 R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by coversion View Post
I'll echo the sentiment on the aluminum skids.

I have scraped over numerous rocks, as well as hung/dragged across my RCI aluminum skids many times. You will see the gouges/scratch marks, but absolutely no sign of them being inadequate or compromised.

With everything else I've done attempting to get into single-digit MPG, I am more than pleased with the aluminum skids.
^^ this.
I have the full aluminum package including gas tank and they're easy to install, have taken a huge beating, and came quick to the door via a group buy on this site.

Regarding cracking, never had an issue, but it can happen with the aluminum ones as mentioned in this thread and in others on the forum.
I took the risk as it's my daily driver and I needed to save on weight.

The skids saved me when I came down hard on a rock and it raked down the full skid. It exposed some metal, nice silver groove running right down 3 plates.
I just kept on going down the trail, cleaned it up a little when I got home and sprayed some rustoleum or whatever rattle can protection you got, and it looks good as new.

Have been very satisfied with the purchase.
2112 R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote