Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 08:44 PM

runnersT4R is on a distinguished road

runnersT4R is on a distinguished road
spend the $$ on preventative maintenance instead

I'd recommend (if you've not already) go out and get ALL the fluids flushed, especially the brake fluid & PS fluid. Those two often get overlooked & can cause expensive problems down the road. At 160k, if they've never been done, it's time. Brake fluid in particular will absorb water from the air over time, even in dry NM. Then it corrodes the brake lines slowly over 10-20 years and it can corrode all the way through without detection until the brakes fail. It happened to mine about 2 yrs ago, all of a sudden a soft brake pedal. (Luckily there was no collision & I got it safely to the garage right away.)

Another item, if you want to keep it long term, get the injectors professionally cleaned. Also would consider replacing every single piece of rubber under the hood, and have a good close look at the motor mounts too. Rubber parts get cracked in any hot climate.

If y'all really want a truck, why not get a Tacoma. If I ever replace my 4runner, that's the truck I'd get. There's my $.02
runnersT4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote