Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 03:21 PM
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryance39 View Post
I think about this a lot. I could definitely afford to go get a new 4Runner or Tacoma and my 99 is the cheapest, highest mileage, most problem ridden vehicle of my 4 but it serves a very specific purpose for me.

It basically sits in the garage, sits at the airport parking lot, or is getting dirty camping/hiking/whatever.

Because I work from home I don’t need a vehicle to commute in and when I do travel on business I wouldn’t want to be parking something nice at the airport.

With my first child on the way the wife and I have considered a 100 or 200 series land cruiser, a new 4Runner, a new Tacoma, and a few other things but at the end of the day, why would I spend the money when my wife drives a very safe car for her and baby and if need be I can take the baby in the M5 which is also a safe car.

At the end of day I’d rather have the money invested than in a vehicle... unless I found another W111...
Ha, I feel ya there! I cringe whenever a friend tells me they "invested" in a new car, in which I normally respond with letting them know it lost several thousand in value once they left the parking lot of the dealer.

It's awesome having an inexpensive daily driver and take what we'd normally be paying on a car payment and putting it towards something more useful.

AEM F/IC 6, 11 PSI, 3" Intake and 3" Exhaust
Jerod's Supercharged T[u]RD Build
gamefreakgc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote