View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 03:21 PM

daYoda is on a distinguished road

daYoda is on a distinguished road
I have a '99 Auto with 221k mi. I want to do a manual swap, so I picked up a '96 manual with 126k mi and the RR locker, complete [frame rotted to hell!]. Both are 4wd SR5's.

So far I've removed the tranny, crossmembers and yanked the 5ve-fe from the '96. Took me a couple weekends and some friends.

The '99 is sort of my DD, but I have another car. -> this is my summer project.

Reading thru the thread I noticed a lot of comments about the differences between the wiring harnesses for the differing years. On another thread, I saw some people had issues when swapping engines from different years.

It appears that since the '99+ 4r's came with OEM Anti-Theft that something about the Body ECU doesn't play nicely with older ECM's. Is this true? Are there work arounds?

I was planning on taking pretty much the whole wiring harness and ECM. The '96 has an aftermarket "Python" branded Anti-Theft. I was hoping to just drop the ECM/Wiring harness in and go with it. Will this work? Is it worth my time?
daYoda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote