View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 10:04 PM

nissanh has a spectacular aura about nissanh has a spectacular aura about nissanh has a spectacular aura about

nissanh has a spectacular aura about nissanh has a spectacular aura about nissanh has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeredcollins View Post
Guess I bought a lemon or something... here is the list of items I've had to repair/replace under 125,000 miles. Originally purchased my 2000 4Runner with 98,000 miles two years ago.

Transmission (whole transmission breaks going 45mph one day)
CV axles (popping constantly)
inner and outer tie rods (can't keep the 4runner in alignment)
lower control arm bushings (popping and alignment issues)
radiator (driving on interstate and it just starts pouring out the bottom)
rack and pinion bushings (steering very loose)

Now my brakes are shuddering very bad when I brake hard. Guess I'll have to replace those next including the wheel bearings. Also my exhaust has a leak now. Eventually, the whole 4Runner will be new parts at this rate. I regret ever buying this POS.
Are you sure the parts replaced are OEM? I bet no. Some treat toyotas as other cars and replace a 99% healthy alternator (due to miles) with an aftermarket crap and yes, after that it is unreliable. The mileage in your truck does not correspond to the age as well, perhaps someone swapped the odo meter. Also, your truck was in a front end collision. My friend in Sacramento bought an 01 4runner with a clear title and it had a brand new radiator support! and had similar front end issues you have ever since he bought it. There is NO WAY a 98K mile 4runner gets a bad transmission, no way trust me.

My experience with toyota trucks and cars dates back to 1995 and it is always a pleasant experience. I recently drove my 92 corolla with 273K miles on a 560 mile drive (8 hours one way) at RPM's in 3500 and back. It burnt around 1/4 of a quart each way and that is the only thing I can say something bad about this 27 year old car!
nissanh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote