Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 09:08 AM

Wardbird will become famous soon enough

Wardbird will become famous soon enough
One thing that I think is clear changing the oil too frequently will not harm your engine. Changing it too infrequently can harm your engine. Do what is comfortable for you. That said my wife's Venza oil is still pretty clear when it gets changed every 10k.

I have a 2002 Accord that gets changed once a year. I have put less than 10k miles on it in the past 8 years. I change it due to seasonal changes. For several years it was driven less than 3 miles a day. One day a number of years ago I noticed a yellow foam on the inside of the oil cap. I knew this was condensation build up of water due to temp changes and the engine not heating up to burn everything off in the winter.

So I made two changes. I started changing the oil, not based on miles but based on seasons, and I also started driving the car longer distances o the weekends to fully heat up the vehicle lubricants and also to give the alternator to charge the battery.

Do what is best for you keeping in mind that these things do need to be done within a reasonable time and mileage frame.
Wardbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote