Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 03:36 PM

hudhawk is on a distinguished road

hudhawk is on a distinguished road
After 6 months of 25,000 miles, 2 trips up and down the Baja peninsula, and 2 trips back and forth across the western US, running the Total Chaos Sway Bar with the +2” Race Series Kit on my 2014 4Runner I want to share my feedback and findings:

1. Immediately after install, the truck was more enjoyable to drive on pavement. The body movement was drastically reduced and steering inputs were exceedingly quicker and firm. The truck takes far less effort to drive on long highway trips, which is even more evident in the case of a cross wind.

2. In the dirt, it’s like driving an entirely new truck. The truck is planted through corners, more predictable at speed, and instills confidence.

3. I was most impressed by the steering response. It’s common knowledge that Toyota trucks/SUVs have a tendency to push in corners at speed, in other words, understeer. However backwards it may sound, there is a severe decrease in understeer with the addition of the sway bar.

My final conclusion is that the front sway bar is worth its weight in gold. It takes an extremely capable truck and makes it exceptionally more enjoyable to drive.

TOTAL CHAOS FABRICATION