Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 06:34 PM

Capnemo will become famous soon enough

Capnemo will become famous soon enough
Whats Up RockAuto Playing Games?

Rock Auto has been my go to parts house for years. Today I went to order rotor and pads for the TBU and shiping was pricey, over $30 for just the rotors and more for pads. The parts were coming from different locations, A and C so two shipping charges. Fair enough, either drop shipments or different warehouses.
But then I looked at the tax, most not all places charging tax since a recent Supreme Court case depending on the state. Fair enough.

But it appears they were taxing the shipping too, at least way over my local sales tax. Not Cool.

So I tried adding other parts to see if I could get everything from the same shipping location, save on the shipping.

Each item I added, the pads went from the original Location B, to C...to D...

5 items and they were all coming from different locations and each one of course an added shipping charge. Not Cool.

The implication is they are playing games to charge separately for shipping. Why would the pads jump from B to...whatever, each additional item.

Looks like I will just order Toyota rotors pads and shims online.
Capnemo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote