Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 09:23 AM

Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough

Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough
I love this idea, and wish I had gone this route on mine. When I bought my truck, I never bothered to check the ebrake since I typically don’t use them at all on autos. The problem is that it is required for the state inspection, so I decided to try it about a month before my inspection was due. Of course it did not work at all! Since I coincidentally had a caliper failure a short time after that, I ripped everything out to replace the brakes, and found out that the dealer, or previous owner had stripped ALL the hardware out of the internal brake! The only saving grace was that they looped the ends of the parking brake cables in such a way that they didn’t drag, or wear, so they could still be used. The downside was that I had nothing to look at to see how it went together, or what I was even missing besides the normal springs, shoes, and clips. After a ton of research, I was able to source what I needed between Napa (for the spring/clip kit, and shoes), and the dealer for the rest (like the cast lever arms that were super expensive). I think all in, it would have been cheaper to do the Wildwood setup! The most disappointing thing was that even with ALL new hardware, rotors, etc. it wouldn’t hold my truck stationary at the 1500-2000 rpm they test it at. The day of the test, I ended up having to adjust them so tight that not only could I NOT rotate the wheels while jacked up, but could actually feel the drag while driving, and it still would barely hold it while applying throttle as they do for the test! Fortunately, the tester was a cool guy so I explained that I had spent hundreds of dollars on all new hardware the week before, and this was the best I could possibly get it. He let it slide, I got my sticker, promptly drove back home and backed them off so they didn’t drag anymore! It’s a ridiculous situation though with the factory setup!