Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 02:31 PM
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
That's very interesting.

The 8.2 and 8.0 carrier flanges are definitely not the same. For starters the 8.2 has 12 bolts for the ring gear where the 8 only has 10. But it appears that the internals may be interchangeable. Sounds like the internal carrier that bolts to the flange is the same. That's good to know! There are a bunch of "lunch-box" lockers for the 8" diff that could be used.

Now I'm going to have to measure the ring gear internal diameter to see that they are in fact the same ID. I have some of both in my garage. If so - and the offset is the same - and rear locker for the 8" should be machinable to be used in an 8.2 by changing to the bolt pattern or having a machined flange build to match.

Also the 8.2 e-locker uses adjustment rings. I assumed the 8.2 non-elocker used them also. That is also interesting to learn that they're shimmed in one and not the other.

Last edited by Jetboy; 06-10-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Jetboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote