Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 12:22 PM

firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light

firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light
i just bought the goodyear wrangler trailrunner 265/70/17 for my 4runner. same needs as you, very little real off roading, mainly a daily driver. i did research on tires for 6 months & read all kinds of reviews from tire rack, consumer reports, discount tire, amazon, walmart etc etc... & based on the reviews i picked the good years.

the other tires mentioned are great tires im sure, but based on reviews & tire rack & C/R's ratings, the goodyear trail runner beats the coopers, firestones & many other higher priced brands in most of the categories you are looking for... ride comfort & noise, wet/dry traction, wear, etc. its rated #5 out of like 20+ tires & was #4 untill the pirelli scorpion was recently added, but it only has like 50k miles worth of reviews vs 300k for goodyears & other brands. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve....jsp?type=ORAT

they dont rate the falkens at tire rack & im sure they are better for real off road & are "w3" rated so better in snow, but the good years rate very good in snow & very good to excellent in all other categories... & they are cheaper than many of the other brands based on MSRP.

BUT, a little secret is to order off goodyear.com & they will price match "fake" prices you tell them, within reason. i said i found them for $130/tire free shipping, they matched & beat that to $120/tire free ship. & if you have a authorized goodyear store in your town they will mount & balance with lifetime rotation & balance for $14/tire. i didnt have an auth store in my town so they went one step further & reduced the price to $112/tire to offset having to pay for rotation & balance. cant beat that price for a very good rated tire. &, goodyear has a $100 rebate untill 6/30... so after mount & balance, taxes, & lifetime rotation/balance i paid about $125/tire! best value out there.

as for my personal opinion, the trail runners are a very nice tire. they have a nice aggresive tread pattern but not overkill like the wildpeaks or bfg's etc. they ride very nice & are almost silent, no louder than the worn highway tires that were on it. they are also a P metric tire & very light, vs the LT or E-load tires that can hurt MPG compared to lighter tires. & i love the mild aggressive looks of the sidewall & main tread. i have no doubt these would do great in mild off road conditions as well as any other daily driving situations. like many, i'm on a budget for car expenses/upgrades so i like to shop around for the best deals & value. these goodyears are great tires & are as good as or better than many other brands in many categories & are much cheaper.

Last edited by firebirdguy; 06-16-2019 at 11:27 AM.
firebirdguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote