View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 05:29 AM

Down by the Water is on a distinguished road

Down by the Water is on a distinguished road
ABS Actuator Fluid Leak

Ok, brake light started coming on a couple days ago. I checked the fluid, was down to the MIN line in the reservoir. I topped it off, brake light stopped, great. Started looking for a leak and shortly realized fluid had leaked from the ABS actuator. Not the top where the brake lines go in but somewhere on the bottom or rear? Strangest part, it doesn't seem to be leaking anymore? Brake fluid level is steady. I never got an ABS warning light.

Obviously I need to replace the actuator and bleed the system. I'm just wondering what happened? Does the actuator ever vent fluid? Is that a thing? Brakes are working fine. I replaced the front rotors and pads about 5k miles ago. I did not disconnect the brake lines though so I didn't bleed the system. I had the rear brakes adjusted and the system bled last year at my local shop. As I said, brakes have been working fine.

Thoughts?
Down by the Water is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote