Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 03:02 PM

Toyrundrive is on a distinguished road

Toyrundrive is on a distinguished road
rr racing BBK

I shelled out the cash for the RR racing big brake kit.

First off, their customer service is garbage and they're pieces of crap, barely qualifying as human and I don't understand how nobody has sued them and taken everything.

Second: Their hub brackets are ALL MISDRILLED by about 1/8-1/4" I didnt measure, I just marked and redrilled.

Third, they send standard fittings and tell you that they match up to your metric fittings. Bunch of morons if you ask me.

I can get the hardline part numbers from NAPA if you want. Napa makes a 6" hardline with the proper metric fittings on one side, and the proper standard fittings on the other. I have a few spares in my glove box. I originally bent my hardlines a little too far and they sprung a leak after a jostle in a snow storm. As it turns out, my rock sliders are the perfect diameter to bend these by hand.

So once you solve all the details that the idiots at RR Racing screwed up:

They are great on a 6000lb plus rig. Stopping distance is limited by tire tread now instead of fading brakes.

I did install their larger banjo bolt on my rear calipers so the rear bites harder, but they are wearing the rear pads a bit faster than I would like. The banjo bolt has a larger hole, it is physically the same size. I DO NOT RECCOMEND the larger bolt, "stainless steel flex lines" option as the fittings are garbage and require way too much force to get them to seal. Also added wear.

I've had zero issues braking with these Wilwood Aero6 calipers. Just know that they don't fit properly and you'll need to head to napa for the proper hardlines. and you'll need a drill press for the hub bracket.

the bleeder valve is 1/4" and sits in its own fitting; a little weird but not a huge problem. It may be covered in paint and difficult to see. it took a few seconds for the fluid to bust the paint out of the hole.

Don't even bother talking to the idiots Simon or Rafi. they're useless and will only blame you for their own shortcomings.

I'm happy with the Wilwood product.
Toyrundrive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote