Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 11:40 PM

boomtown757 is on a distinguished road

boomtown757 is on a distinguished road
Lost acceleration while driving.

Today while driving, I experienced a very sudden loss of acceleration. I attempted to press the accelerator with no response at all. After pulling off the road, the engine died as I came to a stop. I attempted to start the engine, but it would only turn over, i only got it to start once in the hour that I was waiting for a tow, it ran for about 20 seconds before dying again. The engine will turn over, but will not start. After getting it home, I removed and cleaned the MAF sensor with MAf sensor cleaner, let it dry, and reinstalled it. This seemed to fix the issue, as the engine fired up like normal on the first attempt. About an hour later I went to start it again, only to find it turning over , and not starting, in the same manner as when the engine initially died. As far as I can tell, it isnt a battery issue as I still have power to everything. My questions are, has anyone seen this before?, what could be causing this?, and what is the best cousre of action to fix the issue? For reference it is a 2005 SR5, with 192K miles on the 4.7L V8.

Last edited by boomtown757; 06-19-2019 at 10:50 AM.
boomtown757 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote