Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 03:06 PM

Bill_B is on a distinguished road

Bill_B is on a distinguished road
Man, I don't have any input as to how to do this... only a story that almost ruined a 2600 mile road trip about 600 miles in.

Back in September we were on our way to Maine and stopped at Lake George near Adirondacks... we were parked in a public parking area. We had our chi with us on this adventure, we take him everywhere! It was a nice cool evening, about 65* if I remember correctly, sun was basically completely set and the car was nice and cool. I left the sunroof open because nobody can see it, and the back window down slightly.. you can't tell because of the spoiler of the 4r. We walked about the equivalent of 2-3 blocks to get ice cream, got our ice cream and literally walked back to the car while eating our ice cream (this was roughly 15 mins TOPS!).

When I arrived back to our 4runner it was surrounded by 3 irate elderly women, one with a giant piece of curb or rock in her hand... and 3 park rangers with the a police officer literally driving up to the scene.

My dog was so worked up because these aholes were standing there screaming the entire time we were gone. Apparently she told the park rangers multiple times she was going to break my windows to free my dog.

At first the cop gave me a hard time until he realized my sunroof was wide open and the back window was cracked by about 3", and my dog was left with a full water dish... quickly diffused the situation.

Always a hero out there.. and I realize that in some situations it applies, this however was not one of them and would have ruined our entire vacation had this idiot busted our window.
Bill_B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote