Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 07:50 AM

TexasTEQFan is on a distinguished road

TexasTEQFan is on a distinguished road
I was looking for a ‘sleeper lift’ to upgrade my rig and stumbled onto last year’s close out of the TRD FJ Bilstein Kit. I added a Daystar isolator in the front so the net gain was right at 2” and went with a Wheelers T13 rear spring which added 1”. End result, I upsized my rubber to 275’s and kept the forward rake so it looks like not much has changed. This kit was basically Bilstein 6112’s with the TRD coil up front and 5160’s in the rear plus the T13 spring.

One year in and no regrets for the $800 I have in it. Firmer more supportive ride, more travel over bumps and obstacles without any harshness. As mentioned previously, there are a lot of options that will net a mild lift but deliver a significant performance gain over stock.
‘77 TEQ FJ40 - ready to go anywhere
‘18 Subaru Outback - Wifey’s dd

Last edited by TexasTEQFan; 06-29-2019 at 10:50 PM.
TexasTEQFan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote