View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 12:44 PM

socal410 is on a distinguished road

socal410 is on a distinguished road
Lol ok let me go ahead and provide a more detailed response:
1. My vehicle currently has 30,173 miles on it
2. The issue did begin around 15k miles and I felt it would be best to just bring it in upon my next service as this didn't affect the performance of the vehicle in a way that would hinder my ability to drive it. That was at 20k.
3. I reported this to my local Toyota dealership in December of 2018. The service advisor took a picture of the steering wheel and had it inspected by the local Toyota warranty individual(I think they are called DSPMs). Toyota declined to replace it under warranty and deemed it outside influence.
4. I was unsatisfied with the results of this as I know another individual who had a Hyundai who had the same issue. Hyundai replaced their steering wheel no questions asked. I called Toyota corporate and opened a case to which they denied it as well.
5. I had given up at that point until my most recent service. The dealership asked me how happy I was and I said, "I'm happy with everything excluding the steering wheel." His reply was, "I had another guy come in and tell me he was having the same issue." This got me thinking that maybe this actually is a more common issue with this truck.
6. I called Toyota Carlsbad and told them about my situation. I was told that this problem is quite common on the Prius.
7. I started this post and have obviously received several responses of other 4Runner consumers who are having this issue.
8. I opened another case to which I was denied yet again.

Between my wife and I, we have bought $150k in Toyota vehicles over the past 4 years. I've never had to take any of our vehicles in for warranty repairs and the first time I do I get push back on a crappy steering wheel. Obviously I could easily replace the steering wheel by paying for one but why should I?

And to answer a previous post, I don't drive my car any differently than the past six cars I've owned. I'm not a woman so I don't have a massive diamond ring on my hand and my wife doesn't drive my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripT4R View Post
You did not answer my question...

How many miles are on the truck?

You may be making this harder on yourself if you are communicating to Toyota with responses like the above.

If the issue started happening at 15,000 miles or 8 months old...why did you wait until now to try and have it replaced under warranty after 2 years?
socal410 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote