Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 03:50 PM

Scaiza is on a distinguished road

Scaiza is on a distinguished road
Adjusting the 5100's with Wheeler Coils. Good idea or bad?

Hey everyone. I have a question I hope you could answer. Back in December I had the 5100's put on my 4th gen paired with T1 and T12 coils from Wheelers. Originally I had planned to have the front set on the first perch to level out the front a bit, but after speaking with the tech (who was confused about the shocks) I had them leave the shocks set at 0. Wheelers through e-mail communication told me that the first perch would be the highest they suggest going when paired with their coils.

A few months down the road an a new pair of 265/70 Wildpeaks going on tomorrow, I kind of regret not having the tech perch the 5100's up to the first notch for the additional lift.

What say you? Was leaving the shocks at zero the best option? What could/would occur adjusting the shocks to the first perch or .85? Wheelers did not provide any additional information on this, though I never asked for clarification.
Scaiza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote