Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 06:53 PM

royal T4R will become famous soon enough royal T4R will become famous soon enough

royal T4R will become famous soon enough royal T4R will become famous soon enough
Royal's 2004 Sr5 Build Thread (picture heavy)

Hello all!

A little back story, my first ever ride in a 4Runner was in a 3rd gen when I was a kid. I thought it was the bee's knees that a car can roll down it's rear window with a push of a button, it is still arguably the coolest feature of my 4Runner today.

I come from a "car guy" background but I also stunt motorcycles. I sold my sports car as it did not provide enough utility for my lifestyle. I loved the thing to death but it still needed about $3000 into it before I would finally be happy with the build. Then I got to thinking why spend $3000 on a car that can't take me camping, long distances, or just be generally reliable when I can sell it and use that money towards the things I want to accomplish. This is how I ended up looking at the 2nd Gen Tacoma vs 4th Gen 4Runner. I spent about two weeks looking at pros and cons of both and in the end the Taco was just too far out of my price range for the model year and drive train I wanted.

My old car 1998 Nissan 240sx S14 with an SR20DET Notchtop Kouki swap

Also me on my Harley Sportster

I ended up picking out a 2004 Sr5 V8 with 94,884 miles on the clock. It freaked me out a bit when I first got in as the VSC and VSC off lights were illuminated but I found the TSB for the Zero Point Calibration reset on this forum and then bought it later that day for $9000. It has a bunch of paint issues and a few more dents than I normally would have liked but it was a great price, a strong motor, and I plan on adding some battle scars to it.

royal T4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote