Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Suspension
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 02:34 PM

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of
I think it depends on how much you really want to get into it… maybe you want to hit the easy button, maybe what you are trying to accomplish isn’t available in a kit.

I took the piecing it together route. My front loading is pretty standard, but I wanted a larger diameter shock without the price tag of the typical 2.5 so I went with the 6112. The rears I have heavy load OME springs to deal with the added weight I typically carry but I kept the rear budget with a 5100 with the intention of upgrading later if I saw the need. The rest of it is pretty standard stuff. I added Wheelers super bumps front and rear to improve on the factory bump stops.

Some kits I was looking at were really just a collection of parts someone else put together. Some kits from people like ICON looked pretty good but ultimately decided it wasn’t for me.

I don’t really think there is a wrong answer, but the piecing it together route took more time to research, but I also got something that may have worked better for me than a turn-key solution.

Edit:
I also wanted to maintain some factory rake, and didn’t want it to sit level unloaded. When its fully loaded the truck sits pretty level and that’s what I set out to do.

Last edited by Bumbo; 07-03-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Bumbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote