Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 02:40 PM

MyanRagahis will become famous soon enough MyanRagahis will become famous soon enough

MyanRagahis will become famous soon enough MyanRagahis will become famous soon enough
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
See, the lack of the wheel position display in the cluster tells me the steering angle sensor is not communicating on the CAN Bus. Where the steering wheel and clock spring cable are in the amount of rotations is how the sensor determines the angle of the wheels. I believe the cable allows 5 full 360 degree rotations from center to full lock in left and right, but if the wheel was off due to the lift, then the center changed, and it’s possible that when you turned the wheel the ribbon cable inside the clock spring might have been damaged. If you take it to the dealer let us know what they find, but my money is on the clock spring and steering sensor assembly.
You hit it head on. Took it to Toyota Saturday and the diagnosis was needing a new spiral cable and steering angle sensor along with alignment. Dropped it off yesterday morning and got it back an hour ago.
The dealer experience was pleasant really. Sucks installing new parts got me into this but it is what it is. It's fixed and I'm happy.
Thanks for the help everyone!