Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 08:31 AM

Louisiana Overland is a jewel in the rough Louisiana Overland is a jewel in the rough Louisiana Overland is a jewel in the rough

Louisiana Overland is a jewel in the rough Louisiana Overland is a jewel in the rough Louisiana Overland is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
one quick question, I was told that with the OME 3 inch kit I don't need the diff kit and it's mostly for the older gens and I was also told that if the 4Runner doesn't lean now there will be no lean when the lift is installed so I didnt order any 5mm or 10 mm spacers. I figured if its bad I will order them. The lift will sit in the garage for at least a month so I can get UCA's and tires and do them all in 1 weekend. I don't need the diff kit do I, I see Toytec sells them with every kit.
Diff kit or not?? Most folks say it doesnt make much difference. I DID install the diff drop, but took no measurements so I cannot say what difference, if any, it may have changed the cv joint angle. Its cheap... and I dont see any reason not to install.

Spacers? I ordered my front coil over fully assembled from toytec and there was a “left” and “right” coil/shock assembly. The adjustment spacer was already installed.

..and it still leans some... only noticeable with a measuring tape. I just recently added a panhard correction kit and now that the axle is centered I should probably measure again to see how much lean I have. Im considering a spacer in rear coil.

Fwiw... “coilover” is a term used to describe the shock and coil assembly in every single modern 4runner, there are adjustable “shocks” that typically are purchased as an assembled unit with the coil spring, but even a non adjustable shock and coil assembly is a “coilover”.
Louisiana Overland is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote