Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 11:41 PM

by-tor is on a distinguished road

by-tor is on a distinguished road
VSC (or ABS?) spontaniously engaging and loss of acceleration...

Hello all,

My car is doing something very odd, and very frightening... It started with a lack of acceleration. The car would not rev past 2500 RPM, no matter how far I pushed the accelerator. Also, the transmission would not "kick down", again, regardless of throttle position.

This happened a few times, but the one that REALLY scared me was when the ABS spontaneously engaged and a loud buzzer came on in the dash. The car immediately pulled HARD to the left, almost running me into another lane...

To give you all some background, I had just finished a complete front and rear suspension/bushing/tie rod/etc replacement and had just had the car aligned (It was WAAAAY out of alignment, like 45 degree steering wheel). It was working fine for about 10 miles. I filled up, drove about a mile, and then the lack of acceleration issue happened. It seemed to resolve itself when I came to a stop so I could make it home. The next day I took it out and got a few miles before it happened again.

Then, out of the blue, and driving at about 30-40 MPH the ABS spontaneously engaged, making the car pull hard to the left. When this was happening (for about 2 seconds), the traction control light was on and a warning buzzer was going off in the dash...

I'm not sure how the suspension/alignment/fueling would play into this, but I don't think this this was a coincidence... The car had exhibited NO issues like this before, and other than the "slick road icon" flashing when the ABS module cycles, there are NO warning lights on the dash.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated as I'm scared to drive this thing right now...

Last edited by by-tor; 07-08-2019 at 12:13 AM.
by-tor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote