Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 01:48 AM

CredeCo76 is on a distinguished road

CredeCo76 is on a distinguished road
exchange trans fluid with 12v pump

Nube here. First post.

I've read quite a few threads on drain and fill vs flushing, using cooler lines etc. I've received some good helpful responses.

One I find interesting is this video that has been around for a few years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WngXE_7vg-Q

Has anyone done this? It seems that one could drain and drop the pan. Clean pan and magnets, change the filter and button it up. Replace the fluid drained via the 12v pump and then continue on by running the engine to drain the old while pumping in new fluid as in the video.

Am i wrong to think this would work, thus avoiding filling through the fill port?
The only thing ( other than the trans service)you would have to go under the trans would be to do the temp/ fluid check.
If so it would save time.
CredeCo76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote