View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 11:28 AM

kravi is on a distinguished road

kravi is on a distinguished road
emulating a postman

Hi folks, I'm new to the forum (and having a 4runner), so I figured I'd piggy back off this review as I can't yet create my own thread. I need some advice, and am hoping that it is relevant to these tires.

Work has changed a bit, and I now need to be a postman, at least in the sense that neither snow, sleet, hale, flooding, mudslides and zombies should stop me from getting to where I'm going.

99% of my driving will be on paved roads, so I need a tire that handles reasonably well there.

At the same time, that 1% is a doozy. I'm in the mid-atlantic area, and some of the locations I have to be able to get to are off poorly maintained dirt roads (which get muddy and/or flooded), as well as traveling these same roads (and paved roads, obviously) in winter, where there can be snow and ice (both plowed and unplowed).

The Michelin LTX AT/2 looked promising for this, but I'd love some forum feedback from all y'all who actually know 4runners and their abilities.

I'm looking for a jack of all trades tire, as well as recommendations for wheels, which fits the bill. Obviously nothing will be perfect, but I'm trying to get something good enough to meet my requirements. I'm afraid that having a second set of wheels with dedicated snow tires isn't practical for this at the moment.

Are stock wheel sizes sufficient? I don't really have the budget to get raised suspension, so if I go larger, I need to limit it to what will fit the 4runner (5th gen) without rubbing.

Any and all advice would be welcome!
kravi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote