Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 02:10 PM
official vendor

MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all
official vendor

MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngfish View Post
Haha, if you're going to pick nits. I'm going to pick back at you. Normally a company that is getting pretty close to bankruptcy or other issues knows it's coming, and if they're still taking orders, it's because they want to hang on to some cash. It's not robbery - but it ain't ethical either.

The timelines and the type of business matter - but I'd say if FN wheels paused accepting payment knowing they may not be able to deliver, then it deserves to be called out as ethical.

The semantics, in this case, aren't really as important as the overall message.
I completely agree that it's 100% unethical to take a payment knowing you won't be able to supply a product. The sad thing, it happens everyday, and people lose a lot of money because of it. Those are the same people that complain about losing thousands, and have nothing to show for it. Shockingly, they also have no clue about filing claims to get your money back.

I'm sure filing bankruptcy is nothing any company wants to do. A lot of times these places will have a large sale to raise capital in hopes they can continue to operate. In most situations it's too late at that point.

But, according to our president, filing for bankruptcy is considered "good business".

Mike