Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 08:51 PM

vastano is on a distinguished road

vastano is on a distinguished road
Cant figure out my steering wheel shaking

Recently I started getting small steering wheel shakes with normal highway driving, typically around 55-65mph. Not a HUGE deal. But, if I drive ~20 mins and get off an exit ramp, the steering wheel shakes vigorously when I apply brakes.

Replace rotors you say? Did that yesterday. Wheels need balancing? Rotated and balanced the wheels/tires today. While the symptoms arent as bad as they were before this, I still get vigorous steering wheel shakes when I apply brakes.

I did the 5th gen upgrade ~2 years ago. Before I did that, I remember similar symptoms.

I guess my question is, does this sound like a seized caliper or could this just be 15 year old suspension/bushings/bearings?

Is there a way to tell which caliper is seized? Do I need to replace them at the same time?

Thanks in advance.
vastano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote