Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 01:54 PM

Moto13 is on a distinguished road

Moto13 is on a distinguished road
New to me 96 limited

Hey y'all. I've been looking for a deal on a 4Runner for a long time and finally found the one. 1996 Limited with locking diff, sunroof, almost perfect leather, mild height with longer springs, new ball joints axles and shocks, and Just generally in great shape. I only paid $2500 which is about half of what I think it's worth after watching the market for a while and given it's condition and options. I can't explain how tight and solid this thing is compared to a lot of others in this price range.

The seller and I had already agreed on the price before I looked at it and I flat out told him it was worth more than he was selling it for. It was very apparent that he didn't need the money and he just said enjoy it. Very kind and cool dude for sure.

I am already in love. I enjoyed my XJs for what they were but this thing is just perfection. I've already taken my kiddo out for a little fun in it and my wife is already over being angry at me after driving it. I commute in a Focus ST and it's gonna be hard not to just grab the keys to this every morning.

Anyway, now the customizing begins. I'm going to work very hard to preserve this thing and only add functional and necessary items that don't permanently alter the vehicle. I'm leaning toward more Overland approach than straight rock or mud given what I've used my 4x4s for in the past. Trying to do tasteful and reasonable while getting the full use of this thing's capabilities but keeping it so that my wife can drive it without being annoyed.