Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 06:45 PM

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixologics View Post
@Streetfighter - Will this process apply to non-sealed transmission that came in early 2003-04 V6 RWD. Mine has an inlet in engine bay to check the trans. fluid level/quantity. Or could it be more simple for my case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vastano View Post
I was wondering the same thing...I feel like it would since the dipstick tube is above the transmission.
Ya'll could do the same as Streetfighter did even though ya'll have the dipstick, doing it his way will insure you get all the old fluid out, simply draining it out of the pan will not remove all the old fluid only 1/4 to 1/3 if you're lucky.

That being said checking the fluid level once you get most of the fluid exchanged will be much easier for ya'll since you can check the level with the dipstick, so I would avoid overfilling by a quart or half quart and just add more via the dipstick tube to get the level correct, otherwise you will have to pull the drain plug to drain any excess fluid and that could get a bit messy and you would be just guessing before trying to put the plug back in before you drain too much out and you will have fluid running down your hand and arm while putting the plug back in.

Last edited by AuSeeker; 07-15-2019 at 06:47 PM.
AuSeeker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote