Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 08:52 AM

Mudeprived is on a distinguished road

Mudeprived is on a distinguished road
Preparations for no-start

So my lady borrowed my truck for a lengthy trip to her sister's and came back a few days later. I took the truck to work the next morning and seemed like battery lost a bit of it's charge when I attempted to start it to go home. It made this loud fast clicking. My lady brought her car over and it started on the first jump. First thing I checked was lights that i may have left on but evverything was off. I drove it around town and checked battery when it was parked for a few hours. It read 12.7 volts. This morning it was at 12.3 volts and started right up.

She is leaving again for a week and taking the car so I am alone with the truck. I would like to be prepared on what to check or fix if it happens while she is gone since there is no other mode of transportation and I live a bit of a distance from town.

So what could have caused this random low battery no start?

Battery is an Interstate and has been flawless since I bought the truck in Jan of 2016. Not exactly sure how old it is but I can look it up in the maintenance docs.

It might just be the battery though but open for other possible issues.

Thanks

1999 Limited 182k miles
Mudeprived is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote