Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 11:24 AM

JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about

JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about
Fog Light Retrofit - Element LED Amber Cannons!

Hey All!

I figured I'd start a new thread for this since it may be a project that someone else wants to do as well once I'm done. I'll link it over in my build thread as well.

Build Thread
JVC8790's Daily Duty Cruiser "Build" Thread

I had been looking at these Element LED Amber Cannons for a while and didn't want to have some ugly looking bracket on the front end. So what I decided to do was find a way to mount the Amber Cannons behind the stock foglight housing to maintain the look from the exterior.

Amber Cannon LED spotlight (pair) — Element LED

Unboxed the goods!

Untitled by John Van Cleave, on Flickr

Eyeballed the lens size to see if these will work.

Took a look at them side by side to see what was gonna be necessary.

Marked a cut line to start (also did this so that the projector assembly itself would be untouched in case I want to use it in another project down the road.

Started Cutting!

anddd Voila! Two pieces!

I knew I'd have to notch some more to make these work, so I started marking, and cutting, and marking, and cutting

by John Van Cleave, on Flickr

Finally ended up with this

Which from the front side, looks like this!

I've got a bit more trimming to do to get it to sit centered in the opening, I'm also gonna test fire them to see where the light focus goes and if I have any issues scattering light that is hitting the reflector housing.

I plan to make some brackets to utilize the factory holes on the Element LED Lights and then seal the fog light to the Element LED housing with some Silicone to prevent water getting in.

In the event water gets in, I want to make it easy enough to pop out, take the light out of the housing and drain/clean. If need be also I want to be able to retain the factory light housing in case I get another car and want to take these with down the road.

Always open to ideas/suggestions but I'm hoping these turn out pretty awesome and make good foglights!
2004 4Runner V8 Limited - TRD Exhaust, LED Interior Swap, Pioneer HU, Tacoma TRD Front Suspension, FJ Rear Springs, 10" + 32" Light Bars, Prius Shift Knob, 275/65R18 Falken Wildpeak, 18x9 Level 8 MK6 Et0, GOBI Ladder, 06-09 Headlight Swap, TOTALED NOV 2019, RESURRECTED APR 2020 Build Thread
1998 Volvo S70 T5 - Custom Airlift Suspension, BBS Nebula Wheels, Brada Seats, Engine Bolt Ons - StanceWorks Build Thread
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X - Wifes Car
JVC8790 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote