Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 12:46 PM

violation is on a distinguished road

violation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Bull View Post
No problem with the pics. However... The Matterhorn MKII (1996-2002 4Runner) — Sherpa Equipment Company has recently changed their design. The new Matterhorn is the Mark II version. Looks like I got one of the last ones before the redesign. I got it mounted on the weekend, and saw the redesigned Mk II on their website a few days later. They changed pretty much everything a bit. Same mounts, different front Adjustable Leveling Mounts >> Adjustable Leveling Mounts — Sherpa Equipment Company and it comes with 9 crossbars instead of the 7 like mine. The whole rack looks like it sits lower including the fairing.

As far as rear 4xInnovations bumper noise, yes. If it starts to shake enough, it will create a worrying sound. clunka, clunka, clunka... My vehicle isn't exactly noise free, but new noises get my attention. And oddly enough, that rear end noise doesn't ALWAYS sound like rear end noise. I know I have undiscovered front end noise, but the tire carrier can make it hard to pinpoint. Certain sections of roadway like to get it moving more than others. Sometimes if I brake, it will interrupt the shake cycle and quite down.

I originally had a fold down table that I took off because of the crap clasps that come with it wouldn't hold it in place for shit. I just said screw that, I don't need it... Hahaha.
ah thanks. your explanation makes it so much more clear. for some reason i wasn't quite understanding the changes in the rack thread.

but yea, i've had the same problem on-and-off with the 4xI folding table, but the locking mechanism mostly works and I actually really like using it when camping. Fits a Coleman stove perfectly (with the gas canister propped up next to the swing-out handle)
2002 Toyota 4[thedog]Runner Limited BFGoodrich KO2's | Taco whip | Paranoid Fabrications switch panel | full length roof rack | Tundra brakes with SS lines | ARB Awning | ARB compressor and f/r lockers | ToyTec lift (ugh) upgraded to Kings | Total Chaos UCAs | WARN winch | 4xInnovations armors | Method Grids | KC Roof Lights | Lotus Development CV Axles | Whiteline Bushings | Spidertrax spacers | SnoMaster Fridge | ReadyLight | holy shit this adds up fast

Insta: wkendnomad | this is where the adventure begins
violation is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote