Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 01:25 PM

pumacat24 has a spectacular aura about pumacat24 has a spectacular aura about

pumacat24 has a spectacular aura about pumacat24 has a spectacular aura about
Do any KDSS (or susp. upgraded) owners have steering wheel vibration? Please Respond!

Hey Guys,

I really hate to start a new thread, I've read every single thread ever posted about the dreaded steering wheel vibration, and I seriously never recall seeing anyone complaining that their KDSS had it.

Run down from the Steering Wheel Vibration Poll Thread:
- I have 2018 TRD ORP that has the dreaded 60-65mph steering wheel vibration with no fix in sight.
- Started around 5k miles.
- Thought it was OEM tires, bought trusty Michelin Defender LTXs - NO FIX
- Local Toyota Dealership has redone alignment at least 6-10 times and road-forced more than that along with Toyota's regional rep doing the same things along with also re-torquing the suspension and God knows what else they have tried...
- Tires and wheels have been switched to and from other vehicles.
- Tires and wheels are 100% not the issue.
- Replaced entire power steering rack - NO FIX
- Toyota has escalated my case and a tech from Toyota North America is flying from TX to SC next week to look at my car.

WHY I WANT HELP:
- It seems to me that KDSS people have not had this issue, if it's true, then I can report to the Toyota rep and maybe they install that as a fix in my car??

- The only people that I have found (4 on here and other forums) that have found a fix to their issue on their own was to upgrade the entire suspension: struts, coils & UCAs and I need to relay this info to the Toyota Rep so maybe they could try to throw in the new TRD Pro suspension in it as well.

I test drove a TRD Pro that did not vibrate last weekend. The only difference there are the shocks and coils, they have the same UCAs, but I wonder if I were to put SPC UCAs with beefier poly bushing that it would dampen the road feel to the steering wheel.

I am fighting to keep my 4Runner, but I am reaching the end of my patience as has been going on for 2 months now and I've now been without my car for a total of 15 days and I know they have out well over 400 miles on my car (using my gas!) in order to test it.

Luckily, it seems that I am getting farther than anyone else on the forum has with this issue because I have not heard from anyone else that a Toyota North America tech has flown out to check out a car. I am so glad to have bought my car at Dave Edwards Toyota in Spartanburg, SC, because Mr. Edwards has my back.

This past Saturday I had a nearly 30 minutes meeting with him after test driving the no vibrating TRD Pro and he promised me twice that if they haven't fixed it in another couple of weeks that he will get me out of my car, and into a non-vibrating unit. He's the one that actually made the Toyota Regional Rep come look at the car after the Toyota Tech Support tried to call it a "natural characteristic of the vehicle" over the phone.

I'm hoping for the best here, so everyone with this issue can have a fix.

I will keep you all updated, but let me know if your KDSS has had this issue, or if your suspension upgrade has FIXED this issue so I can report to the Toyota NA Tech.

THANKS!
'02 4Runner SR5 4WD... SOLD
pumacat24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote