Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 02:47 PM
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumacat24 View Post
I figured as much with the KDSS not being able to be added.

The Lexus spring issue cannot be fixed on the 5th gens. That spring is completely sealed in the power steering rack, therefore they changed my entire power steering rack.... no fix

They've tried NUMEROUS alignment settings, that's why I'm wondering if a more endurance SPC UCA would help or fix the issue, but do I have to lift my car in order to use those UCAs?

Plus, I'm not paying $700 plus installation out of my own pocket, especially if there's no guarantee for a fix. Ya know?

The spring is not completely sealed in the steering rack. I don't know whether Toyota dealers can buy springs or whether the Lexus spring is the same for certain, but you definitely can access the spring in the rack. The arrow in the picture is to the cap where it is located. It may be nothing more than a bandaid to put a heavier spring in there, but that is what Lexus did. The steering racks are the same. The same part number is shared with lexus depending on model year. There are about half a dozen variations in part number that are superseded by the current version. They should all be interchangeable.

Also, if you didn't know - all GX460s have KDSS and still had the same issue, so it also does happen with KDSS.
Attached Images
Do any KDSS (or susp. upgraded) owners have steering wheel vibration? Please Respond!-steering-spring-jpg 

Last edited by Jetboy; 07-16-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Jetboy is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote