View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 03:08 PM

pumacat24 has a spectacular aura about pumacat24 has a spectacular aura about

pumacat24 has a spectacular aura about pumacat24 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
Good luck with the fix. I know it's frustrating. I hope that they sort it out. The adjustment is actually really easy on the older ones. I think it's probably not too bad on the new ones except that it's so damned hard to access.

I have not had a newer one apart - but I'd bet that the internals look about exactly like the old ones. Here's a writeup on how to fix a 3rd gen version. On my third gen it just needed a tightening, but not new parts. That was at about 200k miles. How to: Replace steering rack guide- Pictures - YotaTech Forums
Thanks for the link, I'll print that out too.

At this point, I'm willing to get them to try anything... what do I have to lose other than my sanity? I lost that with this saga about month ago...
'02 4Runner SR5 4WD... SOLD
pumacat24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote