View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 11:20 PM

sugjavier will become famous soon enough

sugjavier will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydad View Post
Is the underside of your truck rusted to nuggets? Your in the salt belt so I’m guessing it’s pretty rusty? It makes getting old bolts out a huge pain. And by pain I mean cutting things off because it’s rusted into a solid mass of oxidation.

I think $500 is a little steep for a back bumper install. Maybe $200-$300 seems reasonable.

You need to find some wrenching friends and put that on.
The body shop owner said they had to cut off every bolt and that's why it took 5 hours. Either way, his charge turned out to be 20/hr = $100 for just removing it which I think is fair.

However, I guess I'll found out tomorrow from the auto care shop how much they'll be charging because $400 seems very steep to me.

Don't you think the hard part is over since the new bumper comes with new bolts and stuff so rust shouldn't really be part of the issue?

I'll see if I can get pics from them. At some point I will probably spend some more money to get some body rust repaired. My underbody gets degreased/painted with POR15 and sprayed with fluid film every year.

I also attached the word doc I created and put in timestamps in there for them to see Tim's Video and the parts that were relevant for this job. And also the shrockworks install pdf...
What I was thinking is that between those 2 documents...a decent bodyshop/mechanic should be able to figure it out, am I wrong to assume that?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 3rd Gen 4Runner - Shrockworks Bumper Instructions.pdf (166.4 KB, 306 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc Youtube Video for Shrockworks bumper.doc (12.5 KB, 201 views)