View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 08:58 AM

tm965 is a jewel in the rough tm965 is a jewel in the rough tm965 is a jewel in the rough

tm965 is a jewel in the rough tm965 is a jewel in the rough tm965 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Moleman View Post
To get get the perfect balance and zero vibration the follwing steps must be taken:

1. Haweka adapter to get the proper centering. If you see a tire tech that keeps chasing weights then the tire is not properly centered on the balancer.

2. Road forcing balancing. 10lbs or less of road force is a must to get zero vibration. If you get high road force readings, the tire must be indexed on the wheel to get the lowest road force or the tire may need to be replaced. The default road force limit is 25lbs for p-metric tires on the Hunter GSP9700, but a lot of lazy techs don't bother to index the tires as long as it's anywhere under 25lbs.

Some people do get lucky and have zero vibrations without the Haweka adapter and getting a regular tire balance because their tires are pefectly round and have consistent stiffness which equates to low road force numbers.

I had to get one of my tires replaced 3 times until they found a good one. I would say I'm one of the unlucky ones.

Hopefully someone can implement the Lexus steering rack TSB into the T4R to make it less sensitive to not so perfect tires.

After researching tires, it seems like all of the popular tires like Falken Wildpeaks, BFG KO2, Goodyear Duratracs, have a lot of complaints about vibration and balancing. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers seems to have the least issues.
my grapplers have been a pain in the ass. both stock size and 285.
tm965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote