Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 03:39 PM

badger_206 is on a distinguished road

badger_206 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSRStorm View Post
Do they ratlle alot when you drive around on a day to day basis?

The 3 big complaints ive read about (and its hard finding reviews) is that it rattles, needs some spacing to get level to the rear plastic, and that the fridge latch is weak.

Seems like you just used a few pieces of wood on the under braces which i think is easier and much lighter than doing a whole plate system.

Any other thoughts on the drawer since youve installed them?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I haven't noticed any noise from them at all. The drawers get wedged in pretty good with the provided door stops. The wood I put between the bottom of the drawer frame and carpet/floor adds tension between the drawer frame and the carpet/floor which I think takes any noise/vibration away. Basically, the 4 bolts are pulling down while the wood is pushing up. It helps support from any sagging as well.

As for other complaints: I would say the directions are lackluster. The drawers are universal (the side covers are 4runner specific) so you have to do a bit of trial, error, and testing. I had several misses before I figured out how to best do it for my situation. I needed longer bolts which required a trip to the store. Which is why I wanted to update this thread....was my way perfect? No, but it worked and will work for others and they can avoid my failed attempts. For example, it came with spacers but how many do you need to use to clear the side plastic? For me, it took 3 on each bolt because with only 2 it still hit the plastic. Also, all 4runners are going to have the threads from the slide-out tray even if covered up so why not leverage them and provide directions to use them.

Another issue I had was some of the screws stripped on the top panel (not really sure why).

I did also think about mounting the 2x3's to the car then using lag bolts to the drawer frame to the 2x3's.

Dobinsons themselves were fast with shipping and communicated well. The drawer frame is solid. I like them, but next time I would pay someone to install them. lol. Although, now I could do it again much faster.

Last edited by badger_206; 07-19-2019 at 03:52 PM.
badger_206 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote