View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 03:04 AM

sLADe781 is on a distinguished road

sLADe781 is on a distinguished road
SUCCESS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPassenger View Post
The 12v port is sorta tricky to remove the first time you do it. It pushes out thru the front. The spring loaded cover stays attached and the entire unit comes out in one piece. Hopefully it makes sense when you look at it yourself. Disconnect the power and set it on a table for a good view. You have to release some retaining pins that are inside the 12v connector, then push the whole unit forward out of the mounting bracket. Same is true for the 2nd row seating power outlets. Exact same design holding them in place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPassenger View Post
Happy to help. I still have one more 12v outlet to replace, so I'll take the opportunity to record how to remove it from the housing. It's kinda awkward, but not hard once you figure it out. A small, flat blade screwdriver helps a lot.
If you happen to work on your last 12v port, please do record the removal process as I'd like to see how you remove yours. My 12v port was different in that there were no springs inside but rather, a plastic piece that held the port in place. It would not budge when I tried to push it in to remove it from cover so in the end I just ended up cutting it off:

I wanted to keep the factory connector just in case I need it for something in the future so I ended up just splicing the hot wire and grounding the ground to a bolt:

The hardest part of this install was trying to get the locking collar (not sure what it's called...) on the back of the USB charger to screw on tightly. lol Let me explain... On my setup, the seat controller has a path that sticks out very close to the charger so I could not turn the collar all the way down to tighten the charger. I went back and forth trying to figure out how to get it to spin all the way down until I finally realized that I can just turn the USB charger instead.

Reassembled and ready to go:

Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread but a special THANK YOU to DarkPassenger for all your help. I would not have been able to figure this out without your help and I really appreciate you taking the time to record your videos. Thank you!!
sLADe781 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote