Thread: 2005 V8 wrecked
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 11:36 AM

TechWrench will become famous soon enough

TechWrench will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbo View Post
I know leather can vary a lot depending on the brand but this seems like a good gauge. I haven’t owned a Toyota with leather, but my Silverado and Acura both have over 100k miles and leather. The Silverado is visibly fatigued but no serious cracks or tears, the Acura has held up amazingly well. Seats are worn in but look amazing and still comfortable. That said, the cloth in my 200k+ mile 4th gen is in amazingly good condition as well.
The type of vehicle has a lot to do with how much wear the drivers seat takes. A pick-up or SUV that sits high tends to get wear on the drivers seat edge earlier because one tends to slide across the seat edge while climbing in. While a passenger car sits lower, and one tends to lower yourself into the seat instead of climbing up into it. This usually leads to less seat wear.
'08 Tundra SR5 5.7 V8 Double Cab, White, Equalizer WD system, '91 Coachmen Catalina 260FK, '89 Grumman GSS w/35HP Force O/B, 8' Snowbear utility trailer, 2012 Polaris 500HO LE in Camo, 7 x 14 TWF Landscape trailer w/2 ramps.
TechWrench is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote