View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 05:58 PM

ToyoT4R will become famous soon enough

ToyoT4R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMax View Post
Too many sales for the soccer moms and offroad wanna be dads.

Bring back the FJ with basics.
Agree, I would love a back to basics 4x4 like an FJ or like my old Early Bronco but with all the ridiculous safety regulations today and most consumers wanting a comfy SUV that will never be taken off-road the future of the 4Runner will probably be something close to a beefed up Highlander. I hope I am wrong and they keep it a body on frame and add a front locker, keep electronics to a minimum, no safety sense, and add some power but keep it a simple reliable drivetrain. But Toyota is already heading in the wrong direction (in my opinion) having added a lot of unnecessary features to the 2019/2020 models, driven by consumer demands to add costly infotainment systems, safety sense, better fuel economy, add more conveniences rather than add robustness and off-road capability.