Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 08:40 PM

Tahoe_Natl_Forest is on a distinguished road

Tahoe_Natl_Forest is on a distinguished road
Is this statement true (I'm trying to understand in my own way, layman terms)....if not, can you please correct me?
_____
If you are stuck in mud for instance, the ATRAC in your vehicle will kick in and use the power to push the non stuck tire with more power and then the stuck tire will have the other half of the power used to lock the ABS. So if each are doing half the work, it's basically all applied to the non stuck tire as it thinks that needs to help move the stuck tire.

With a locker, it more or less negates this and provides equal power to both tires resulting in the stuck tire and the free tire getting equal power. IE, locking them. With this, you keep power on the stuck (or the tire that needs power if climbing up a rock) tire which helps assist in moving beyond the rock you are trying to cross.
_____

Been using this old thread I found that has some good content in it about the ATRAC and then trying to apply it to what I've briefly looked at for lockers which all seems to be connected

How does ATRAC work??

Is that accurate?
Tahoe_Natl_Forest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote