Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 04:39 PM

Vwright14 is on a distinguished road

Vwright14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama1 View Post
Man, if I have to wait until 2022, I'm in something else. I love my 4th Gen, but it has 225000 on it, think I'm starting to have coolant in the engine routine. I'll get it fixed as I absolutely do not like the lack of power in the 5th Gen. Rented one for a week last year, could not get over the difference in torque between the 4th and 5th. Tried another day with a 5th Gen SR5 last week thinking I might trade mine in. Nope. The way people drive around Chicago, you better have some get up and go or you're gonna get you ass-end hit. I might be able to wait for the 2021 6th Gen, but if it's another year I'll regretfully move to Jeep.
I feel you on the waiting. Im seriously waiting for the Bronco to be released and already have a few qualms with it...If its only going to be a turbo 4 like the Ranger, im out 87% lol. But honestly the new Ranger and coming Bronco may be what keep the 4Runner BOF. Also there's talk of the next Tundra, that's coming soon, and the Tacoma being on the same frame. Interesting to say the least
We all know what the 4Runner needs....well I know what I want lol.
More power/torque - Would like to see what direct injection combined with Sequential injection do to the 4.0
More room front and rear
More suspension travel
Better Infotainment of course
IM sure there are some others...that's all i can remember while I sit here at work waiting for 5:30 lol
2002 Ford Crown Vic Sport - new project
Vwright14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote