Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 05:07 PM

Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about

Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about
Globetrotter Build!

Since I'm a newbie to the forum (and 4Runners in general) I had to pay my dues with comments, contributions, and such like everybody else before I could start this thread.

Let me go on record to say this is literally the first "truck" of any sort I have ever owned (and I'm 41). I have been a sportscar guy from day one. I had Hondas, Mustangs, Audis, and most recently my beloved Maserati GranTurismo. I have been turning wrenches with my father for as long as I can recall. I was a 5.0 guy, I was a Fast and Furious ricer and everything in between and I loved all of it.

I had my '13 Maserati for 5 years and put 68,000 miles on her, which for an exotic is almost unheard of but that car is pure sex every time she roared to life. The time came for a new adventure so I sold her a few weeks ago and have moved into the world of offroading/overlanding and 4Runners. The one thing I missed most from the Maserati days was the lack of things I could do to it (tastefully, its a Maserati after all). The only notable engine/performance mod available was a THIRTY SIX THOUSAND dollar supercharger to gain a piddly 100hp. That's just insanity.

Now I find myself in a 4Runner and am absolutely FLOORED with all the amazing and CREATIVE things you guys do to/with these vehicles(Antman was unreal!). I can only hope to learn from you guys as I go along. I will try to show the improvements I make to my truck as they come and maybe somehow be of inspiration to others in trade.

Last edited by Globetrotter78; 07-23-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Globetrotter78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote